Sunday, May 4, 2014

Another day, another failure. Must try again.

So the question comes down to, "Do I get back up after I fail?" or is the proper question to ask at times "Do I start with an easier plan?"  I attempted Day 2 this past Friday despite increasing left shoulder pain throughout the bench sets, then while attempting my 5MR (max reps) with my 3-board press, I strained my 5th rep so hard I pulled my lower back.  Now, I was excited and glad I managed to overcome my self-created barriers and not have an excuse to avoid the gym on Friday as I used the one hour free I had Thursday night to sand and glue my boards together, and used a belt to tie it around my body while benching.  My work product picture found below:


I was going to start all my update posts with how many hours I had slept the night prior, as I ref volleyball games and got home close to midnight, but I felt capable of attempting the challenge.  I did get through the first part of doing 60% of raw bench doing wide, normal, and close grips but man, having never done wide and close grips, that was quite the challenge.  I feel like certain fitness programs are meant for people that are already fit trying to take their abilities further.  I thought I was relatively in shape, but when required to do exercises you have never performed, injury is around the corner.  I am going to attempt Day 2 again tomorrow and hope my should is feeling at least 90% by then.  Slowly, but surely, I will get through this program and trust in the system.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home