Wednesday, April 16, 2014

4/16

As for my workout, I did some brief research on bench press and was guided towards Dave Tate and a YouTube video of Jennifer Thompson teaching techniques.  I am not going to say my form has been horrendously off, but there was definitely room for improvement, especially in the area of warm-up, back arch, pushing off of heels and having the entire arm under the bar.

After going through the T Nation pages and videos, I distinctly remember him stating that people would come in, he'd fix their form, and they'd bench 50 lbs more by the time they left.  Now, I'm not going to say it's impossible, but I am certain those people were already lifting heavy and had all their muscle groups worked out.  Personally, I tried this on Monday, but putting more strain on my back and benching in an uncomfortable position and having to think about all those techniques made it difficult to concentrate and I did not end up putting on any additional weight.  Hopefully going forward, I can build those muscle groups and break through my barriers.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home