Thursday, April 24, 2014

Detour for fun

As I failed to properly finish my floor presses on Monday, I had planned to try Day 1 again yesterday.  Instead, I ended up playing volleyball for 1.5 hours as it is a rare opportunity to have time to go.  I was reminded how weak my calves have gotten as I pulled a Charlie's Horse several times while playing and the importance of stretching prior to play sports.  As Day 2 of the bench press plan involves board pressing (requires physical wood boards), I will get them over the weekend and start Week 1 over next week and just do other lifting exercises for the time being.  Also, I was surprised I was not very sore the day after I attempted Day 1 only to realize I was more sore the second day after.  Even more surprising is I realize I'm the most sore now (Thursday) from my Monday's workout.  Another reminder that my body is aging and will require extra time and effort in stretching and building these muscle groups.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home